Meal prepping this weekend could be a challenge due to the holidays…but not with this extremely simple recipe that I found! This is such an easy way to ensure lunch and dinner for the week! Don’t forget to modify ingredients based on your specific health needs and taste preferences! For those of you who are gluten-free, you can substitute the panko breadcrumbs with a gluten-free option (Ian’s are pretty good)! Comment below letting me know if you try it as well as whether or not it worked out for you! I hope you enjoy!
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast, boneless skinless halves
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 Basil, Fresh
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Zucchini, medium
- 1 Egg, large
- 2/3 cup Marinara sauce
Baking & Spices
- 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Oils & Vinegars
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
Bread & Baked Goods
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella, Cut Traditional
- 1/4 (1 oz.) cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper. In a shallow dish whisk egg until well blended. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dredge chicken in egg and transfer to breadcrumb mixture. Press both sides in crumbs to adhere well. Transfer to middle of baking dish then repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Bake chicken in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, rotate chicken to opposite side. Add asparagus and zucchini; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken registers 165˚ in center.
- Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce down middle of chicken breasts, sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Optional: Top with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil after heating.