One of my absolute favorite foods to eat for breakfast is oatmeal! I just love the convenience of being able to quickly pop it in the microwave (instant) or letting it settle in warm milk for a few minutes, and having a warm and filling meal that’s easy to eat. In addition to convenience, oatmeal has many health benefits! Studies have shown that oatmeal can lower your risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol!
In an effort to keeping the meal prepping going, I found this recipe for fruit-filled oatmeal that’s super easy to prepare and is perfect for those mornings when you need to grab and go! Piling on the benefits is a piece of cake with this recipe when you choose to use freeze-dried fruit–they maintain all vital nutrients and vibrant flavor. All you need to do is fill your pre-prepped mason jar with warm water or milk (your preference) and let it sit while you continue to get ready for your awesome day! Talk about hassle free. Let’s keep the healthy eating habits going guys!
Try Out These Fun Flavor Combinations!
Apples & Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried apples, 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, pinch of granulated stevia, or granulated sweetener of choice)
Raspberries & Dark Chocolate or Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried triple berry mix & a pinch of granulated stevia, or granulated sweetener of choice)
Blueberries & Cream
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried blueberries, a pinch of powdered vanilla (huge health benefits in powdered compared to liquid extract), & a pinch of granulated stevia or granulated sweetener of choice)
Peaches & Cream
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried peaches, pinch of powdered vanilla (huge health benefits in powdered compared to liquid extract), & a pinch of granulated stevia, or granulated sweetener of choice)
Strawberry & Banana
- 2 Tbsp freeze-dried strawberries, 2 Tbsp freeze-dried banana & a pinch of granulated stevia, or granulated sweetener of choice)
For additional nutrients, add your favorite chopped nuts, or 1/2 scoop of protein powder to any of these combos.
For maximum convenience, prepare ahead of time:
Pint glass canning jars are recommended to ensure you will have room for your liquid & stirring. Mason jars are perfect for this!
■ Add 1/2 cup of dry rolled/old-fashioned oats to the bottom of the glass jar.
please note: this method will NOT work with steel-cut oats
■ Add your favorite flavor combos.
■ Seal tightly, and store in the pantry until ready to use.
For best flavor use within 10 days
Please like and subscribe to receive notifications of new posts by email!
If you know anyone suffering with Lupus and/or any other “Invisible Disease”, please feel free to share with them directly!
Copyright ©2017 Joezette Joseph. All Rights Reserved.